Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rule #1: Cardio

I watched "Zombie Land" yesterday, a zom-comedy which I have already seen before and enjoyed enough to purchase on DVD.  In the film, the main character sets up the story of the world of Zombie Land and his life before it, and in it, and one of the running themes of the film is how he stays alive by following a set of rules, one of those rules being CARDIO! "When the outbreak started, for obvious reasons, it was the fatties who were the first to go." I don't want to be zombie lunch, no thank-you. I don't want to be a zombie meal or snack of any sort... Zombie bait? I'd consider it for a good cause. I'm getting WAY off track here though. I realize that zombies are fictional, and that these concerns are irrational, however, ones cardio is still something they should work on. I went to the gym today and did 40 minutes of cardio, the first 30 at 5km/hr, and then I was at 7km/hr by the end. I'm proud of myself.

I'm also proud of myself for buying Zombie Land. Why? I watch a lot of movies online. Working in the industry, I realize that doing this means I am not supporting my fellow filmmakers, so once in a while, I'll buy a couple DVD's even though I could easily just watch movies online.

I'm also proud of myself for booking my first audition at the end of April. Yup... I'm not entirely sure but it appears as though I'm being asked to read for the lead male role, who is described as a kind handsome guy in his early 30's. That sounds like me! I think its still a small part because the story seems to revolved around three girlfriends, but it would be fun either way I think. I'll be sure to blog about that audition and the results of either, whether I get the part or not.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment