Friday, April 13, 2012

Poetry (4 the insane): Who?

This is a song I wrote lyrics for (a long time ago), but never really figured out the music for, mainly because I play guitar very poorly... So, in a way, it is more like a poem, maybe? You be the judge...

*****


I called a friend the other day when I got home, 
I'd say that he was wasted by the way he sounded on the phone. 
It could have been the way he slurred and sometimes moaned, 
As he carried on I drifted off to thoughts of you with no decline. 
Who’s seen a light that blinds? Who reads between the lines? 
Whose climbed a tree before its leaves decayed and someone died? 
Who blows at the colour red? Who stops and thinks instead? 
Is this for real, who dreams up worlds all inside of their head? 
Well, I know that I do. 

I climbed a mountain and I shouted out your name, 
I know you didn't hear me but I did it twice more anyway. 
Somewhere beneath the stars I wound up on your mind, 
You didn't know the reason but you smiled and just now you know why; 
Nonsense can seem so strange; Frustration numbs the brain, 
Cause I'm not mad it doesn't mean that I'm not truly insane. 
Like monkeys shot to space, I'm dazed but feeling fine, 
If there’s a paper that can prove it, hand it over I'll sign. 
Space monkey was that friend of mine.

I saw a good friend on the weekend that just passed, 
I told her all about you and she warned me that it might not last. 
Not for the reasons I’ve had bad luck with romance, 
It’s just that you seem perfect and for heartbreak I say worth the chance. 
Who eats all by themselves? Who sleeps alone at night? 
When all they had to do was take a chance and roll the dice. 
Who dwells on moments passed? Who sings these lonely songs? 
I thought that love was perfect so I guess that I’ve been proven wrong. 
Now its time to carry on.

I’ve been alone; I would be glad to say, 
I met a girl in this universe that makes me crazy. 
I’ve been hopeful, close so many times, 
Just hopeless when you cross my mind; where is mine? 

I thought about you and it made my knees go weak, 
I only hope that if we meet again I'll have the strength to speak. 
Till then I'll carry on as something I must do, 
Imagining the thrill the day we meet to hear you feel it too. 
When you find love that brings you smiles ear to ear, 
Don't hesitate to hold them close each time you have them near. 
My dream girl passed me by, I fumbled it was lame, 
She's gone and though we barely met I'll never be the same. 
I never even asked her name. 


*****

I went as far as recording a YouTube video of it (a long time ago)... The name of it then however was "I Thought About You"... That may still end up being the name, it does however clash with a series of semi-poems that I wrote that being with "I Thought About You" so, whatever. Check it out, note the extremely long hair!

In other news. My day today was/will be, like this...

Michael wakes up.
Michael gets phone call from past employer asking if he can come in to help.
Michael showers and goes to work.
Michael works well.
Michael goes home.
Michael writes blog.
Michael does some writing.
Michael goes out.
Michael goes to sleep where ever he ends up.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment