Monday, September 10, 2012

Crazy Notion While Failing To Sleep Comfortably

I have at several points in my life thought it would be an interesting challenge, or experience, to live with no fixed address. You know, throw my stuff into storage for a couple of months, and wander about even if within the city. Why not? $90 a month for a storage unit? $25 membership at a 24/7 gym with showers? I have a bicycle. I could buy a yearly metro pass since I'll be on the move so much. I have a phone that doesn't require an address for billing, as it is drawn from my bank account automatically, so I can check my email and take calls anywhere. I have friends who will let me sleep on their couch once in a while. I have family who will worry immensely and insist that I stay with them and not be a crazy person. The problem there is, I AM a crazy person. I would comply with them once in a while obviously, because I love my family, and the comfort of a home would be undeniably wonderful once in a while. It wouldn't stop me from being a crazy person though...

I wouldn't be doing the work I love right now if I wasn't crazy and didn't take the chances I that I did. So, why stop? Why haven't I done this yet? I think I could get by at $500 a month... Two days of work a month and I'm covered! What would I do with myself though? Well... I suppose I would buy a decent camera and take photos along my walkabouts. Sit at coffee shops and write. Pick up fresh fruits and vegetables from markets. It would suck not having a kitchen, but I could survive on avocado, rice cakes, beef jerky, and other raw foods. When not crashing on couches I could use the gym for a work out, and a quick nap, perhaps? I could be one of those people who you see walk into a park during the day with their sleeping bag for some shut-eye... That could be me! I'll still take as much work as possible, bank the money for a while, and then get myself situated in a nice place.

Hmmm... The winter isn't the best time to start, but it could still work. What have I got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment